Latest News & Events
June kicks off summer where the possibilties are endless!
Check out these holidays and month long observances you can celebrate to kick things up a bit for summer 2017!!
- National Smile Month
- National Soul Food Month
- Superman Week (10-13)
- Doughnut Day (4 or 5)
- Say Something Nice Day (1)
- Great Outdoors Month
- Adopt a Cat Month
The list goes on! So get out and start celebrating!!
The semester is almost over and then it's time to relax!! Here are some ways to destress after all of those classes, exams, term papers and deadline...
1. Take a walk or jog
2. Hit the spa for a massage
3. Disconnect from technology and just breathe
4. Pick up a hobby like painting
5. Get out of town and take a day trip
Check out hercampus.com for more ideas!
First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
• Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
• Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
• Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
• Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
• Reusable Grocery Bags – Decrease usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution
• Plant a Tree – Plant a tree locally or help plant trees around the world.
- 1 of 12